Studies by NASA scientists show that bouncing around a mini trampoline is 68% more effective than jogging and yet requires less effort!
The bouncing is not like regular trampolining, the aim isn’t to bounce high or even perform gymnastic tricks, but to perform a series of small controlled movements. It is about dancing with interval jumping, bouncing, frogging, stomping to name but a few we do in class performed to music.
The mat of the mini trampoline is used as a resistance tool to make the whole programme 2-3 times more effective than a normal every day aerobics class. Anyone and everyone can do this at their own pace whilst gaining the impressive health results that are normally associated with high impact aerobics classes without realising.
The concept of boogie bounce uses HIIT (high intensity interval training) techniques to maximise the most effective fat burning process in the cardio section.
There are several health benefits which are:
- Adrenaline rush- Due to the type of exercise it gives you a “feel good” factor
- Weight loss and calories burnt- The latest fitness gadgets record between 500- 800 calories burnt at each session
- Stress reliever- Life is so challenging with no time to spare to look after ourselves. The bounce puts the zest back into your life and totally revitalises you and totally relieving your stress levels making you feel on top of the world making you buzz after the session has completed.
- Low impact- kind to the joints and ligaments- The elastic matting absorbs much of the impact and shock on every bounce, making it perfect for those needing exercise session which are kinder/ gentler on the joints. The programme has been known to help rehabilitate injury’s and help individuals get back to full health
- Strengthen cells- The body cells are strengthened through mechanics of bouncing either because of gravity changes or because of pressure differentials along with more oxygen reaching cells through- out the body through the blood.
- Increased lymph flow and immune system function- Bouncing is said to greatly increase lymph fluid circulation leading directly to a boosted immune system, greater white blood cell activity and increased detoxification generally. Therefore, breast cancer survivors this is a fantastic form of exercise for the lymphatic system for prevention of secondary breast cancer
- Enhanced heart and lung improvements- The aerobic bouncing exercises benefit in terms of heart strength, respiration ad physiological functions.
- Physical strength, muscular development, coordination, balance and flexibility- Boogie bounce what more can I say!